History of colectomy due to perforation. Unable to undergo anal stimulation. Reason?

Hi there, I am 49 and have engaged in anal penetration most of my life. It is usually a pleasurable experience but has usually had poorside effects. After I get tired, nausea, visual disorientation, bloated belly, restricted urination and defecation, chills, etc. not to mention anxiety that goes with it.

My history in this area is that I am sensitive to the fact that it is high risk to many things. But I am a cautious person despite the usual side effects. I take precations, cleanliness, gentle behavior and so forth.

One timein 2001 I had an infection which did put me in the hospital. I was not abusive to myself, I did not XXXXXXX and jam anything, I was gentle despite the outcome. Either way I landed in the hospital with perforation and subsiquently landed a colectomy. No one knows of the true cause though I am sure Dr's keep their opinions to themselves when they see certain issues.
Now 12 years after the fact, I find I cannot undergo any anal stimulation or I suffer from the effects of swollen belly, and the symptoms I have noted above.

It is obvious that the behavior must cease. It is a loss of a lifetime to date, pleasurable activity even despite the side effects.

Can you offer any information as to why this is happening and why it has happened to me most of my life?
Some specifics are, colectomy, about 100mm from rectum. took about 8 inches out of sigmoid colon and rejoined.

As I am heterosexual, discussion of this to anyone is really embarrassing so i have never really talked about it except with my partner. She understands and supports me. But also she does not help to provide alternative excitement in our sex life. She is pretty much the same same. Good person just not as inventive and vibrant in bed as I am.

Many thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Hello dear,
I understand your concern, its good that your wife is supportive.
I think during the surgery or in subsequent years there has been a damage to your sacral plexus of nerves, hence you are not getting the sexual pleasure from the anal area. Swollen belly can be a XXXXXXX sign. This again shows that there some damage to nerves and hence intestine movements and not proper.
I would suggest you to go for an ultrasound examination, to know the exact cause.
Let me know if you have any other query. Thank you
Follow-up: History of colectomy due to perforation. Unable to undergo anal stimulation. Reason? 3 hours later
Can you explain in detail how the ultrasound would be applied? For example, where would the sounding head be direct and what position would it be directed at? Would it provide enough detail to show impact on nerve clusters? What specific process can i ask for that would direct the dr or specialist to know exactly where to look?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
The ultrasound will give you following details.
1.Is there a mass or a dialated loop of bowel compressing the sacral area, this can seen in ultrasound of pelvis.
2. Is there any obstruction or mass protruding from the colostomy mass, again causing a pull down pressure.

In all you have to get a lower abdomen and pelvis scan done.
Trans rectal ultrasound,would have been best, but as you have undergone colostomy, better to avoid that.

Hope I could answer all your queries.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Follow-up: History of colectomy due to perforation. Unable to undergo anal stimulation. Reason? 3 days later
one last question. when this bowel upset occurs, the odor of my bowel movements changes to an acrid odor meaning some sort of chemical change has occured. it does not return to normal until i start feeling better. what do you think are some of the possibilities? can there be something adding to the problem? i will print this out and take to my dr.

Hello dear,
Thanks for the follow up
Acrid odor in your stool can be due to following reasons.
1.Indigestion, due to shortened bowel.
2.Obstruction, leading to bacterial infection.
3.Malignant change.
Please XXXXXXX your treating doctor and get the exact cause diagnosed.

Thank you