Hip x-ray showed white spots close to hip joint. Could it be a cancer?

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I had an Xray on my left hip 11-16. It showed a white spot close to where the hip joins the leg. I had AVN core decompression surgery Aug. 29 and saw my xray (middle of october) after the healing process. There was no white spot on that xray. I woke up 2 days ago and could not walk. I hurt so bad, had to use a walker. I went to a doc in a box since my orthopedic doctor was closed. That doctor xray my hip and there is a nickle size white spot now on the xray that was not there after surgery. This spot was very symetrical, very bright, round shape. Is this cancer or ???. The doctor asked me if i had any surgical implants. NO implants. he said he would set me up an appointment with my orthepedic doctor. Set appt. for 12-3. I dont wont to worry for two weeks as to what is wrong. l have not regained normal use of leg since the surgery tho i could walk without a cane.
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Sudden appearance of a white spot that is gradually increasing on the bone is likely to be due to a malignancy or a secondary metastasis. A direct examination and seeing the X-ray will help in proper diagnosis.
Further investigations like a bone scan might be needed to pin point the diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.