Hip pain, done acupuncture, had back pain after tummy tuck and lipo. Correction of pelvic misalignment?

For six years now, I have had pretty severe pain in my lower back. This started to occur after a tummy tuck and lipo on my flanks, etc. I have received care from a back pain specialist, a chiropractor, had acupuncture, and also had nerve endings in my lower back burned to keep my brain from reacting to the pain. This condition has caused my quality of life to be simply awful. I would like to know if I could have a pelvic mis-alignment that could be corrected. I do not have pain in my legs, but one side of my hip will hurt when I do an extended amount of walking. I would like to see a physician who will help me, but so far I have had no luck. Any suggestions or help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I wish to add that I am 57 years old, 5'2", 130 lbs. and no serious medical problems until now.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
The pain on one side of the hip with no pain in the legs specially on extended walking is indicative of ankylosing spondylosis.
Pelvic mis alignment is not likely to happen without any pelvic bone injury or a vaginal delivery in the recent past.
The other possible cause is osteoporosis.
For the exact diagnosis I will encourage you to visit an orthopedician or a spine surgeon for the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment.
Till then it is best to take a rest as much as you can, avoid weight lifting and walking, take a calcium supplement regularly.
Doing hot fomentation and application of a local analgesic gel will also help in providing some relief.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.