High triglyceride levels, wants to use starvoas medication for 30 days. Diet suggestions and techniques to reduce bad cholesterol ?

sir, my age is 42, I am having triglycerides 410, one doctor recommended to use Tablet starvoas 20 mg (Ranbaxy)daily one for 30days, shall i continue, how many days and give good suggestion to reduce bad cholestrol ( My wait is 62 kgs, height 165 cms)or anyother tablet
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 20 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Are you Hypertensive or Diabetic?
2.) Do you exercise regularly?
3.) What does your Daily diet contain?

You fall under normal weight category for your height as your BMI (body mass index) is normal. Do not try to increase your weight by not doing regular exercises and not doing good diet control.

Since your Triglycerides are abnormally high there are fair chances that you may develop Diabetes and Hypertension. Get your Blood Sugars and Blood Pressure checked periodically.

You are on right medications, Just follow your Doctor's orders and take the tablet once daily after supper for a Month and then repeat your Fasting Lipid profile after a month to know Cholesterol level in your Blood. You don't require any further medications.

In addition to this follow these Lifestyle medications:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
3.) Avoid smoking and Alcohol.
4.) Eat six small meals instead of three large ones.
5.) Exercise regularly for 30 to 40 minutes 5 days a week along with brisk walks with 100 steps per minute. This will keep your Cholesterol, Blood Sugars and Blood Pressure under control.
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.