High fasting blood sugar. Is my breathing problem due to high blood sugar or other reasons?

Question
Hello Doctor,

I have a mild breathing problem for long time almost 2 yrs. Reasontly its been little high all the time. Earlier it was only 1 two to 2 hours in the late evening. But now its starts from morning its continues for whole day. I approached a doctor for this, he asked to take a chest xray accompanied with blood sugar test.

It was found that i have Blood sugar after fasting 193 on monday and i repeated it on tuesday which was 169.

I am at the age of 29, but i have 193 &169 Blood sugar what could be reason. Is my breathing problem due to Blood sugar or could be some other reason.

Please advise.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

You have high blood sugar level of 193 and 169 mg/dl fasting. These are high in the diabetic range. Do you have family history of diabetes or during pregnancy?

Shortness of breath or breathing problem could be related to your lungs like some infection in the lungs or having a asthmatic/allergic problem.

You have not written what is the finding in the x XXXXXXX May I know what the report says?

There is another possibility of having low Hemoglobin so check your Hemoglobin and Blood count and Lung function test.

Take your medicine pantocid is pentaparazole 40 mg and I want to know what is Dexogen? Please write its content.

Start the diabetic diet and regular walking.

You have not been prescribed any medicine for diabetes so you may be required to repeat FBS and PPBS.

Waiting for your reply so I can answer your query specifically.

Follow-up: High fasting blood sugar. Is my breathing problem due to high blood sugar or other reasons? 1 hour later
Thanks for your revert doctor.

That blood sugar 193 and 169 it was after food only. In fasting it was 110 and 69.

I have checked Hemoglobin and blood count. The doctor said that all was normal.

Sorry that tab is not Dexogen its Dexona (Rx Dexamethasome Tablet). This both pantocid and dexona prescribed for ?

The x XXXXXXX reports says- bronchitis. If i am not wrong.

Please advise.

Thank you for quick response.

If your fasting is 110 and 69 then it is OK and PPBS 193/169 mg% and your Hemoglobin and count are normal so no need to worry.

That means you are having Post Viral Bronchitis, which is cause of your breathing problem.

Dexona tablet, it is steroid medicine and may be used for short period, and taper it off in consultation with your doctor.

In such condition even inhalation of steam two times a day and if required Nebulizer of bronchodialators and steroids like Asthalin and Budecort may be of great help, if there is any requirement?
Deriphyllin and Syp Brozedex SF may be taken.

It should resolve in few days and you will be normal. You may repeat a blood sugar FBS and PPBS after 1 month.

I hope I have answered all your questions still if you have any I will be happy to answer that

Otherwise, you can close the query and kindly rate the answer.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Follow-up: High fasting blood sugar. Is my breathing problem due to high blood sugar or other reasons? 19 hours later
Thanks for your revert doctor,
but still i have breating problem. I did not get releif yet.

Can i take the mentioned medicine provided by you. :-
In such condition even inhalation of steam two times a day and if required Nebulizer of bronchodialators and steroids like Asthalin and Budecort may be of great help, if there is any requirement? Deriphyllin and Syp Brozedex SF may be taken.

If yes - pls advise me how many days to be taken and how many per day.

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 59 minutes later

You can take steam inhalation, Syp Brozedex SF,Tab Deriphyllin R, nebulization of asthalin and Budecort. All these are prescription drugs. It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination.

I am sorry; I cannot give a prescription on this to you, as I have not examined you in person.

Please consult your Physician before you use them and if there is any need of appropriate antibiotics.
You will get relief in few days.

I hope I have solved all your queries so kindly close it and please rate the answer.

Wish you best of health.