High blood protein, tumor on adrenal gland, ulcers, pain in legs, high BP, hot and sweaty.

Question
hi i feel very unwell i have high blood protine tumer on adrenal gland ulcers pain in legs arms back recently high blood preasure hot sweaty
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 31 minutes later
Hi!

You mentioned, you have high blood proteins, tumour in adrenal glands, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, and ulcers. What seems to be bothering you is that you feel hot and sweaty and have pain in arms and legs-right? Correct me, if I have misunderstood.

Can you please answer some queries so that I can advise you better---

1. Is your blood pressure under control?
2. Have you been operated for adrenal tumour?
3. Do you have high or low function of thyroid (Hypothyroidism/Hyperthyroidism) and the medications you are on?

Please get back to me with these answers so that I can suggest you better.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards.

Follow-up: High blood protein, tumor on adrenal gland, ulcers, pain in legs, high BP, hot and sweaty. 21 minutes later
high i have had no surgery on adrenal glands i had greaves disease but was teated with radioactive iodine so i now take synthroid 100mg daily

Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 25 minutes later
Hi!

Both Grave's disease and adrenal tumor can cause all your symptoms. Since you have had your Grave's disease treated with radioactive iodine and are now on Eltroxin supplementation, it is likely that hypertension and your symptoms of aches, pains, and feeling hot and sweaty are due to the adrenal tumor especially if it is called 'pheochromocytoma'.

And the treatment for this is surgical removal of the tumor which will correct all your symptoms.

Follow-up: High blood protein, tumor on adrenal gland, ulcers, pain in legs, high BP, hot and sweaty. 16 minutes later
hi does high blood protine always point to a underlying illness

Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 23 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

High serum proteins can be due to many causes.

Common ones are:
1. There can be selective increase in globulin fraction of proteins due to liver or kidney disease.

2. Multiple Myeloma: A test called 'serum electrophoresis' can confirm this condition in which there is raised serum proteins and show what is called 'M-band' on the test.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.