High blood pressure, numbness in feet. Should I go to doctor?

my blood pressure 140/80 and also feel num both of my feed should i go to doctor? it just star about last three day
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 27 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in such distressing condition.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     36 year old male
•     Blood pressure (BP) 140/80: measured once
•     Complaints of: numbness in feet

Naturally BP tends to change with environmental condition such as stress, activity level and metabolic rate. Measurement of BP itself is stressful during when done for the first time and may lead to false high BP called as white coat hypertension (because of doctors).

The normal range of BP is considered below 140/90 mm hg. Your BP is 140/80 and measured only once. So there is no much need to worry about blood pressure.

Numbness in feet may be because of following reasons (in order of preference):
•     Diabetes
•     Vitamin deficiency
•     Disease of spine

A detailed physical examination and some tests are needed to rule out the aforementioned causes. Hence if the symptoms are troubling you, I encourage you to consult your both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.