High IGE levels, intermittent fever and low levels of eosinophils. What could be the reason?
User rating for this question
my 13 year old son has been home sick now for 3 weeks - very high IGE levels (2500) - been to ER 3 times, as well as pediatric gastro, infectious disease, asthma/immunologist. fever off and on sometimes (like now) high 103-103.5 stools formed but have white mucous threads throughout and around. everyone is scratching their heads as he has LOW levels of eosinophils (no parasite?) - SED rate 25, slightly anemic, losing weight (he is already small) and now last 2 days wakes up "stiff" and with muscle pain when moving in quadriceps, arms, neck. clearly (and all drs have agreed) SOMETHING is going on with his allergy/immune system, but WHY the. high fevers that come and go?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be connective tissue disorder. Consult rheum Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Having gone through your query, i agree that your son`s case is a little different. The symptoms described by you are of general nature and do not lead to a particular system or organ. Since you have already consulted all the relevant specialist, at this stage there is nothing much that can be offered to you but definitely there is something going on with his immune system. May be some other sign or symptom may emerge in near future which may lead us some where. All this could also be because of some Collagen Vascular Disease also known as Connective Tissue disorders The fever could be because of the inflammation. I suggest you consult a Rheumatologist as well. In the meanwhile, if there is no infection,control his fever with tylenol tablet and give him good nourishing diet. If there is any infection, consult your doctor and give a course of suitable antibiotics. If there is any further development, do post it on XXXXXXX and i will try and answer. Take care.
People also viewed
- Allergic reaction to aspirin
- Singulair tablets for asthma
- Allergic reaction to bactrim
- Allergic reaction to amoxicillin
- Will diabetes cause low grade intermittent fever
- Cause of high hemoglobin joint pain intermittent fever
- Allergic reaction to cardiolite
- Bleeding 28 weeks placenta
- Intermittent fever at night with cough
- 27 weeks pregnant diarrhea
- Hiv duo test at 27 days
- Could loose motion and intermittent fever a sign of diarrhea
- Intermittant fever with sweating
- Abscess tooth pregnancy 28 weeks
- 28 weeks pregnant im ayurveda