High BP, tachycardia, chiari malformation. Taking Inderal. Chest and arm discomfort. Done ECG and Echo. What is it?

Question
Hi I am a 28 y/o female, I have high bp, tachycardia, and Chiari malformation. I take Inderal 60mg, which works pretty well. In the last month I have been having a little chest and left arm discomfort. It feels like a pinch in the left center of my chest and down around my breast. It's very random and lasts only seconds, but usually happens every day. My arm hurts in the shoulder joint, down the tricep, joint of the elbow, and into my hand. It isn't a radiating pain and never all together, my muscles are also twitching and it tingles. I also have some pain in my back across from my shoulder blade beside my spine. I have had 2 ecg and an echo, everything is good. I am not stressed, don't smoke, and the only caffeine I have is my morning cup of coffee. Basically I'm just wondering if it was my heart shouldn't something have happened by now and what else could be going on?
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later

I have read your query in detail. It does not seem to be a heart related issue. You EKG and Echo are normal and you are not in age of getting heart related problems. However, if you want to be 100% sure, then do your stress test.

Chiari malformation can be a cause of all the problems you are facing at present. Headaches, Pain, difficulty in swallowing, vertigo, muscle weakness, tinnitus etc are major symptoms of this malformation. Consult your Neurosurgeon for this.

According to your built, you are overweight so try to reduce your weight by proper diet and regular exercise. It also helps you in reducing your pain and strengthens your muscles.

Cervical Spondylosis is the other issue to be ruled out.

Hope you got answer to all your queries. I am always available for follow up queries.

Wish you a good health and early recovery.

Dr. Kulbir Singh