Hiatus hernia, have sore throat since weeks, no relief with medicines. Suggestive remedy?

hi doctor i was diagnosed with hiatus hernia last april and now i am suffering from sore throat and its been two weeks now i have taken atbiotics to no avail and the pain killers dont seem to help..please help cause this is so distressing.

i have not even received my first reply yet

Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

Sore throat can be due to infection ( bacterial or viral) or it could be due to acid reflux disease.
Since there is no relief with antibiotics and it is persistent for more than 2 weeks, infection is less likely. So the other possibility should be considered. Hiatus hernia is one of the predisposing factors for reflux disease. So I would suggest you to take medications like omeprazole for relief. I would also suggest you do salt water gargling and take tylenol.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini