Hi there My question is a bit detailed. About 2

Question
Hi there
My question is a bit detailed.
About 2 months ago I got a cough which got quite bad before I went to go see a doctor. He put me on Eryhtromycin and sent me for a chest x ray which was clear. He also sent me for a blood test which returned a slightly eleveated neotrophills 11.8 cell count. I only managed to get through 1/2 of the antibiotics as I have a sensitive stomach. I was better for about 1/2 a week and then got worse again. I went back and he put me on same antiobiotica and sent me for a CT scan of the lungs. This also came back clear. Around this time a certain point on my ribs became sore every time I cough or burp. I also noticed cracklings when I exhaled. Unfortunately again I only got through 1/2 the antibiotics.
Now same problem again, a week of being better and this time not only cough but a feeling of unwell, weakness and slight nausea.
He has put me on a 3rd course of antiobiotics and told me to finish them no matter what. Also has given me steroid and normal inhaler just in case. I have never suffered with Asthma but have had hay fever but never that has caused symptoms like this. I also have had a few very small specs of blood in my phlegm which started today.
My questions are:

1) what could be causing all of this, the cracklings when I exhale and the recurring cough.
2) when a CT and x Ray is clear does that generally mean I should not worry about cancer? (Does that include esophagal?)
3) What could the small specs of blood be that started today?
4) any other opinions or advice you have please.
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be cancer

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

It seems tha you are suffering from a respiratory tract infection, possibly due to a viral cause.I do not suppose that it is a good idea to get repeated courses of antibiotics unless blood parameters indicate in its favor. I would insist you to get evaluated by a different doctor and to give appropriate brochodialator medicines like levolin inhaler it felt necessary. The specs of blood call for a thorough clinical evaluation and for ailments like tuberculosis to be ruled out. Hopefully its just due to forceful coughing. You need not worry about cancer. Had it been there, it would have shown up in the CT Scan.

Let me know if I could help further.