Hi doctor, I'm a chinese pregnant mum. My ultrasound at

Excellent
Question
Hi doctor, I'm a chinese pregnant mum. My ultrasound at 36 weeks indicates that my baby's femur is only 57mm(7 weeks behind), humerous is 52mm, head circumference is 309mm, and biparietal diameter is 90mm. The data at 34 weeks are: femur 53mm, humerus 47mm, hc 291mm and bd 84mm. I did the test of amnio and ds, the results are both negative. Should I concern about ds or dwarfism?
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No you should not concerns about it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history,reports and understand your concerns.
As your markers and amino are negative and only your long bones are short there is no need to worry about dwarfism.
I have seen so many patients who deliver normal baby who are having short long bones.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Hi doctor, I'm a chinese pregnant mum. My ultrasound at 13 hours later
HI Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thank you for replying.
Today I consulted another genetic doctor. He said that there is a very high possibility for our baby to suffer an achondroplasi. He explained that the difference between length of femur and biparietal diameter is increasing, and the shortness of femur is too significant. Based on these evidences, he tends to believe that there is a gene muation. Also, he said that he had exprienced more than twenty similar cases, some of which have even longer femur, and more than 80% of these cases resulted in achondroplasi. Moreover, the technician of ultrasound is very famous, thus the accurate of measurement could be very solid. This has completely driven me to crazy, could you give me any further advice?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
But your FL/HC ratio is still not in range of skeletal dysplasia.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
I have gone through your history completely and understand the point of view of other genetic doctor.
It is true your baby femur length is too short but I gave my opinion based on that your markers are negative, baby is otherwise perfectly fine in USG and your FL/HC ratio still within range .
So chances of dwarfism quite low in your case.
Hope found useful,
Good luck.

Follow-up: Hi doctor, I'm a chinese pregnant mum. My ultrasound at 6 hours later
Hi Dr,
Thank you so much! I feel much better now.

Plz forgive my verbose, and I do have several questions.

Do you mean FL/hC ratio is more important than FL/BPD in the diagnosis of dwarfism´╝č and what is the normal range of FL/HC? Is it possible for you to explain to me about how to diagnose dwarfism or other serious predisposition?

Many Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for such a long delay in my response.
In my opinion FL/HC gave more clear indication of skeletal dysplasia.
Normal value is 0.2-0.247.
If less than 0.16 is diagnostic for skeletal dysplasia,in your case it is more than this.
Skeletal dysplasia can diagnosed with the help of FL/HC/BPD during pregnancy and double marker test and CVS.
In your case all the markers normal and second level USG normal that is why the chances of severe dysplasia is less in your case.
But yes,you should always be in touch with your treating doctor regarding this problem.
Have a safe and healthy motherhood.
Good luck.