Hi, My baby is 3 months old. His diet for

Excellent

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
My baby is 3 months old. His diet for first 3 months is breastfeed milk.As wife started going job so we in day time started giving him lactogen milk and in night and early morning used to breastfeed him.
As we are living in NCR and sunlight is less due to fog so it's necessary to give Iron and vitamin D liquid doses to child for one year on regular basis.or it's ok to give doses on occasional basis and try to get him.sunlight on normal days..please help ..on same..that's if medicine additional dosages are requited manadatory or still breastfeed and lactogen and natural sunlight enough for child ..

Thanks in advance
KC
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D supplementation is essential and iron be given 90 days/year

Detailed Answer:
Hi....Lactogen and sun light exposure may not be adequate for vitamin D. Do not occasional doses and stop.

1. You need not supplement with vitamin D if you are feeding 1 liter of fortified milk formula which contains the required daily recommended dosage of vitamin D. But this is not possible as a 3 month old baby will not be able to feel so much of formula feed per day. So I recommend that you give 400IU of Vitamin D per day till 1 year of age and after that the dose changes. But this is a prescription drug and you will require a doctor's prescription for this.

2. Usually it is best to administer iron supplements at 3mg/kg/day for 3 months in a year for any kid, starting from 4 months of age. But this is a prescription drug and you will require a doctor's prescription for this.

I wish your kid a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.
Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.

In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely.

Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: Hi, My baby is 3 months old. His diet for 27 minutes later
One query more ..i had done vaccination of my child for first 3 months as per government chart plan in XXXXXXX now I shifted to NCR region..and it's difficult to get vaccination in govt dispensary here..so if I change vaccination from govt to private practicioner will it affect the vaccination doses and cycle for child as I hope both follows different vaccination doses and plan..or it's Okies to get it done from anywhere as per available but following the vaccination cycle as listed I n govt chart copy

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can follow up the vaccination in private set up - no problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi... You can follow up the rest of the vaccination in private sector as per the existing chart with you.

It will be the same vaccines - don't worry.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth