Hi, I have had Lyme Disease about 4 times. Is

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Hi, I have had Lyme Disease about 4 times. Is that a virus? What are the common colds? How can I get a list of ailments which would fall into each category? What are the cures? My blood test will always come up that I have had Lyme. Is there ever a way to clean that up? I heard virus's are incurable. I heard STD's are incurable. Fungus & Bacteria are curable?
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: Hi, I have had Lyme Disease about 4 times. Is 16 minutes later
Analogy: Lyme. Docksicillen has shut off the water that has flooded the basement. However, the basement has a lot of water in it, which the drug does not get rid of. How can the water (aching joints & fatigue) be eliminated? That is the root of the question. Some days I can't lift my arm over my head, but the next day it is fine - depends a lot on the weather. I think it is tied in with the nervous system. How does a person get rid of the virus?

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Borrelia is bacterial species and not a virus.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

First you should know that lyme disease is caused from borrelia burgdorferi that is bacterial species and not a virus.
Based on your history, I think you have a condition that is known as a post treatment Lyme disease Syndrom PTLDS. The reason of PTLDS is not exactly known but some medical experts say that these symptoms are as a result of residual damage to tissues and immune system during the infection.
You should know that the patient with PTLDS almost always get better with time but it can take more than 6 months to feel completely well.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.