Hi Doctor, Please suggest what oitment can be used. Please

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor,

Please suggest what oitment can be used. Please see attached.

Thanks!!
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Image not received

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist).
Unfortunately I have not received the images / attachments. I request you to kindly upload the images again.

Follow-up: Hi Doctor, Please suggest what oitment can be used. Please 8 hours later
Please see the attached.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chronic cumulative irritant contact dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
She has extremely dry skin of fingers as well as cracking/ fissuring. This could be because of frequent hand washing and use of soaps/ detergents if she is engaged in household work - chronic cumulative irritant contact dermatitis.

I suggest her to use an intensive moisturizer, preferably a 10-20% urea and lactic acid based (U-lac cream or Moisturex cream). She should use it frequently and everytime she washes her hands. She can avoid household work for the time being.

In addition I suggest her to use a potent topical steroid e.g either clobetasol propionate 0.05% cream or betamethasone dipropionate 0.05% cream, twice daily for the cracks. These are prescription topical medications and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner regarding the same.