Hi, Can you please let me know whether my semen

Question

Can you please let me know whether my semen report is normal or not. Married in 2011. Still no kids. The doctor advised for semen analysis. Please give brief output.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reduced sperm count and motility

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have gone through the attached report.

It is not normal. Both the count and motility are reduced. This is most likely responsible for your not being able to have any kids till now. You need to take Zinc and Folic acid supplementation. It has been demonstrated that taking zinc supplements (like Cobadex CZS) and folic acid (like Folvite) once daily for at least 3-6 months helps in improving both the sperm count and motility.

Do retest after 3-4 months of taking them and further plans can be made accordingly.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Hi, Can you please let me know whether my semen 6 minutes later
Sir,

How much should be the range of count and motility. Also is there any way to increase them by having natural food.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Food sources mentioned

Detailed Answer:
The count should be more than 20 million per cu.mm. In your case, it is only 3.
The motility should be more than 50. In your case, it is less than 20.

The mentioned principles (Folic acid and Zinc) are food extracts and therefore natural. You need not worry about them. Folic acid is found in green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits etc.. Foods high in zinc include oysters, beef, lamb, toasted wheat germ, spinach, pumpkin seeds, squash seeds, nuts, dark chocolate, pork, chicken, beans, and mushrooms.

Follow-up: Hi, Can you please let me know whether my semen 22 minutes later
Sir,

IT seems ur referring to my old report. Please find my attached new report with the name as XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
In this report the count is good but the motility still needs to improve.

Detailed Answer: