Herpes whitlow,6 outbreaks,blood infection,infected finger is red and wrinkled

My daughter has been diagnoised with herpes whitlow. She has had 6 outbreaks that cause her to get a blood infection. she is then on iv antibiotics for three or four days. Does this sound like herpes to you? Her finger that she has it in has very little feeling now and is always red and wrinkled when without an outbreak. Please help, what is the best way to find out for sure what it is? This whole thing started with a paper cut
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Hi Gayle,

Thanks for your query,

The description you provided do give me clues into Herpetic Whitlow, But I could be more sure if you can send me the images of the finger to my mail box ( YYYY@YYYY ).
Also kindly describe the appearance of the finger during an outbreak.

Also reports on tests like Tzanck test and culture which are diagnostic in Herpetic Whitlow.

Will be waiting the information.