Hernia in upper abdomen. Operated for prostate. Has heavy breathing, LV system dysfunction, weakness. What is wrong?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
my father is 82yr HTN ,T2DM & CABG IN AUG'08.also develops hernia on upper abdomen below cabg operated PROSTRATE OPR IN 2004 BUT STILL HAS TO TAKE URIMAX D
HAS TO HOSPITALISED DUE TO HEAVY BREATHING, Dr SAYS LVSYSTEM DYSFUNCTION. PRESENTLY ON AMARYL/EPTUS/TRIVEDON/VALZER80/DYTOR10&5/ATOCOR/DEPLAT. EVEN THIS HAS TO HOSPITALISED AS STATED ABOVE. WEAKNESS IS INCRESING, KINDLY ADVICE FOR HIS PROPER THERAPY & DIET'
REGARDS
S XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 21 hours later

It looks like your father is suffering from progressive heart failure.

The details provided by you are not enough for me to make treatment recommendation. It would be helpful if you could post the reports of all test done recently during hospitalization. I will be in a better position to give you an appropriate and scientific advice then.

Awaiting a response from you.

Best regards