Hematoma with swelling along tibia with numbness post fall. How long will it take to eliminate numbness?

Hello. I had a nasty fall three days ago. I have a large hemotoma with swelling along the length of the tibia. I know that some numbness is not abnormal with this kind of injury with swelling, but how long is too long to experience numbness? I am concerned since swelling is mild and I have expected to recovered mostly since I am experiencing very little pain. It does not hurt to walk on, nor does the muscle hurt when flexed. My only pains are associated with pressure on the bruise. Should I seek medical attention or simply have more patience in recovery? I am sleeping with it elevated every night and it feels better each day... I just don't want to end up having some sort of nerve damage
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
The tingling sensation can be due to the injury to the XXXXXXX itself hitting the nerve or more likely the nerve may be getting stretched due to swelling and hematoma.
These usually subside in 10days. If the tingling persist beyond or is increasing or there is cold, bluish or weakness beyond injury then you should get immediate evaluation by a physician.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.