Ask a Dentist   »  

Hello hoping you can help me out ... I had

Dentist
Question
Hello hoping you can help me out ... I had a cleaning today for the first time in 2 yrs I do have some deep pockets and gingivitis I quit smoking 7 months ago and I am glad but noticed a increase of bleeding gums I am currently going through allergy testing so I cannot have any freezing or anything my cleaning today was just with the water and slight scaling .. I was told to do salt and water 3x a day and use floss and my oral b electric toothbrush my question is I guess my ears and right side of my throat are bothering me could this be from the cleaning ? So my routine is brush floss waterpic and salt and water for the next week
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for deep scaling after allergy test

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I understand your query and it seems to be gingivitis, which means swollen gums resulting in bleeding. The only treatment for this is deep clean which will remove pockets and result in reattachment of your gingiva with teeth. As you said, you are having some allergy test, so you might start with it once you complete your test.

Cleaning results in some sensitivity but not pain. Secondly, you maintain your oral hygiene with regular brushing twice a day and using mouthwash once a day half an hour after brushing for 15 days. If you are not comfortable with floss then you might go for interdental brushes as they do the same.

Consult your dentist every six months for the regular checkup.

Hope I answered your query, feel free to ask further.

Thanks and Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra

Follow-up: Hello hoping you can help me out ... I had 24 minutes later
Hello thank u so the ache set feeling in my throat is not due to my cleaning or can be sensitive to it

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, mild cleaning never results in pain

Detailed Answer:

As mentioned earlier, cleaning always results in mild sensitivity, not pain. You need to consult ENT specialist if you have throat pain.

Thanks and Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, not likely

Detailed Answer:
No, it does not seem to have any connection with the throat problem.

Thanks and Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra

Follow-up: Hello hoping you can help me out ... I had 1 minute later
So that cleaning could not have caused irritation in my throat
Follow-up: Hello hoping you can help me out ... I had 18 minutes later
Thank u

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No worries

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to ask me any dental queries in future.

Wishing you a good health

Thanks & Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra