Height-153cm and weight-61 kg. Suggest diet pan to reduce weight

Dietitian & Nutritionist
hi I m 35 yr old mother of 7 yr boy. my height is 153 cm n wt is 61 kg. I go to gym 5 days a week. I want to reduce wt by 3-4 kg n my problem areas are my hips arms n tummy (because of pregnancy). I m an eggterian. if u cud suggest me a diet plan which could help me in wt n spot reduction. thanks
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 30 hours later
Brief Answer: low carb. diet with added proteins and fiber Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for posting the query. Your Body mass index, based on the height and weight mentioned by you is 26.03 Kg/m2. Indicating that there is a need to reduce 5-8 kilos. The target is not a huge figure, and can be easily achieved with a balanced diet plan and regular physical activities. The reasons for weight gain are many, ranging from genetic to lifestyle related, but the most common ones are lack of physical activities, undisciplined eating patterns and like in your case, the lingering post pregnancy weight. The first and the most important step towards weight loss is to improve the basic metabolic rate, which in turn would ensure that you burn more calories every minute. Consider the following for achieving the same: • Exercising • Building muscle by increasing your intake of protein and moderate weight training • Increase your water intake to at least 3 liter daily • Have 6-7 small meals through the day • Black coffee and green tea do help in burning fat • Increase your intake of fiber in the form of vegetables, salad, whole pulses and cereals and fruits with the skin. In addition the following points would be beneficial: • Avoid foods rich in fat or sugar and the refined foods like refined wheat flour, provides more calories. It is advisable to limit the intake of these foods in the diet. • The saturated fats like ghee, vabaspati, cream and butter do not qualify to be a part of your weight reduction diet plan. Vegetable oils are much safer when taken in controlled quantities. Limit the oil intake and completely avoid taking the deep or shallow fried foods. • Fibers are the insoluble parts of the plant food sources. Since they are not digested in our gut, they remain to be there for longer time and do not make us feel hungry. The fiber rich foods like beans, green leafy vegetables, whole grains and cereals, fruits and vegetables are found to be helpful in losing weight. • Limit the intake of sugar, cream, cakes, chocolates, candies, sweets and restrict rice intake to once per day, preferably for lunch. • Choose the low fat dairy products. Include low fat curd in daily diet. • If you eat non – vegetarian foods, stick to leaner options of fish and chicken and avoid egg yolk. Red meat and organ meats are also not suggested. • Include antioxidants in your diet. A liberal intake of fresh fruits and vegetables would provide its sufficient quantities. Also include green tea in your daily routine as this helps in boosting the metabolism. Since, you have fat deposits around the abdominal area, include exercises like crunches, V up and sit up. As you have mentioned that you would be doing regular GYM, make sure that you follow the plan strictly. Also, do not lie down immediately after the meals. Take lighter dinner and make it a habit to drink lukewarm water after the meals. Foods that help in reducing belly fat include pears, XXXXXXX cider vinegar, yogurt, unsalted popcorn, green tea, black coffee (sugarless) and black beans. Use less salt in diet. Hope this helps Meenakhsi