Heavy bleeding during intercourse, pain in the leg and pelvis, back pain, tested negative for STD, not pregnant

XXXXXXX im going out of mind in worry. I have bleeding during sex and after that lasts for a few days and is heavy and clots. ive had pain in my top right leg,back,lower back pain and pain in my pervis. My bowls have changed to loser in the past few months and have had a different discharge over the few months too. does anyone doctor have an idea of what this could be. I went for an sti check and they dont think its sti related. im not pregnant either.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later

From the history it seems that you are having Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. The irregular and heavy bleeding that you are having can be due to hormaonal disturbances, Uterine Fibroids, Polyps, etc.

For diagnosis, you need to have an ultrasound scan of your lower abdomen and some blood tests.
Laboratory assessment of hemoglobin, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, T4 (Thyroxine), thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), pregnancy (by βhCG), and androgen profile can be done.

The management of this condition would require treatment with Progesterone to stabilize the endometrium and reduce bleeding along with hemostatic agents like Ethamsylate or Tranexaemic Acid.

Oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) will also help in treating by suppressing endometrial development, reestablish predictable bleeding patterns, decrease menstrual flow, and lower the risk of proper therapy after physical examination.

Meanwhile start taking Iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.

You can get stool culture done to check the exact cause of infection. Simultaneously, you may need the antibiotics also to treat your bowel infection.

I hope the above information helps to answer your questions effectively.

Please feel free to forward any additional queries, which I will be glad to answer.

Follow-up: Heavy bleeding during intercourse, pain in the leg and pelvis, back pain, tested negative for STD, not pregnant 4 hours later
Thanks for your answer. so you dont think the syptoms are related to cervical cancer. I was sexually active and had a baby at a early age,smoke etc.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

Cervical cancer is a remote possibility.

If rest of the causes are ruled out, going for a PAP (Papanicolaou test) smear will help to get this possibility out of your mind.

But heavy bleeding does not occur until it is in very advanced stage in cervical cancer.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.