Heart rhythm disturbances. Taking amlodipine, telmisartan and thyroxine. Diagnosed hyperthyroidism. Advise?

I am 87 year lady and have a heart beat of 45 to 52 beats a minute.My b.p. is around 120/56 on an average.I take amlodipine 5mg plus talimisartan 40 mg daily.I had been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a year bavk and am taking thyroxine 25mg daily.Is my b.p ok.I feel weak at times with a black out for a few seconds quite a few times in a day.
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Your blood readings are within normal range and are not worrisome.
Your pulse rate is slightly on a lower side. The problem of blackouts with such low pulse rate few times a day is concerning. This is suggestive of heart rate rhythm disturbance- may be due to a heart block.
Hence you would benefit by consulting your primary doctor and getting evaluated with a few tests as mentioned below-
‎1. Complete blood counts
‎2. ECG in all leads with a rhythm strip in lead 2
3. Lipid profile , Blood sugar (Fasting and Post prandial), HBAIC,
4. Thyroid function tests
5. Chem 14 panel
In case the above tests indicate any abnormality, further tests need to be done which include:-
‎1. Holter monitor
2. Echocardiography
3. Chest Xray
4. Tread mill test

It is important to find out the exact cause after physical examination and above mentioned ‎investigations.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.