Heart palpitations & mild pain, swishing in head, overweight. Taking atenolol, diltiazem. Heart monitor showed irregular heart beat. Suggestion?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I have heart palpations and sometimes small pains (sensations). I have a rythymetic swishing in my head (ears). I'm overweight (300), age 63 no real exercise. I take 50mg atenolol & 240 mg diltiazem (ONLY PRESCRIPTION MEDS) I'm going to a heart specialist. I wore heart moniter. Showed some irregular heart beats. I'm scheduled for a sonogram. I am self pay and can't handle much more test. Do you have any suggestions on cause, treatment......anything natural or herbal.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 22 hours later
Thank you for your query.

From the details that you have given, it appears that you have hypertension, obesity and palpitations due to irregular heart beats.

In order to answer your query better, I need some extra details from you. Please do not mind to answer the following.

1) What is your current BP? Is it under control?
2) Can you upload your ECG or the entire Holter monitor tracings to this website, so that I can analyze the rhythm and give you specific suggestions ?
3) Have you ever had loss of consciousness following palpitations?
4) Do you get chest pain when you do exert yourself?

Please give me the answers to these questions, so that I can give you specific and useful answers.

Waiting for your response,
With regards,
Dr RS Varma