Heart beats becomes unstable when lying down. What can I do reduce?

ENT Specialist
Question
Sometimes while lying down my heart beats becomes unstabled, for a couple of min then becomes normal again .. What can i do to reduce such thing

Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Congestive Heart Failure

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

I have gone through your query, it most probably suggests that you may be suffering from initial stage of congestive heart failure. Do you have a history of hypertension or heart problems?

In a congestive heart failure, there is excessive pressure on the heart, and in lying down position or sleeping on the left side may causes symptoms like unstable heart beat, shortness of breath, fluid retention and unexplained weight gain.

Restrict salt and fluid intake, these are recommended because of the tendency of fluid to accumulate in the lungs and surrounding tissues.

For better diagnosis and management you need to get examined by a doctor. Also go for for ECG and echo.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query

Wish you Good Health

Follow-up: Heart beats becomes unstable when lying down. What can I do reduce? 17 minutes later

Regarding the history i do not have any heart problems nor hypertension .. All of this is new to me really, its true sometime i really go for anything that contains salt where i really feel my body needs.

Thank you very much for such help

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ECG and Echo

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
Thank you for follow up,
Thats good that you have no history of heart disease and hypertension but for clear cut diagnosis and for other disease you may go for ECG and Echo.

Thanks

Wish to Good Health

Follow-up: Heart beats becomes unstable when lying down. What can I do reduce? 43 minutes later
Hello Dr,

Once more i would like to thank you for such help

XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

You are most welcome in Health Care Magic for your query.

If you have any doubt, I will be aavailable for query.

Get well soon