Heart beating faster. Took ventolin inhaler, on juice detox fast. Suggestion?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I was in 100 degree weather and felt my heart beating fast. ventolin inhaler an hour before. Heart rate returned to 78 when I went into air conditioning. Is this normal? I forgot to mention I am also on a 3 day juice detox fast, I am on day 3
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 14 minutes later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
A rise in heart rate would be quite normal in hot weather. Also, Ventolin can cause a rise in heart rate which may last up to an hour after the dose. If you are following a liquid diet then there is the possibility that you may have a been slightly dehydrated. Therefore, I can reassure you that these changes in your heart rate are a normal reaction to your circumstances and you need not worry.
I hope this has helped. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K. Pottinger