Heart attack, angina attacks, low heart beat, stent placed. Is it normal to have a low heart beat?

I had a heart attack 12 weeks ago. I had a stent fitted.I was also told half of my heart died in the heart attack so they showed me pictures of my heart and the bottom half is not working. I am 44 years old,I am having lots of Angina attacks and my heart rate is only 43 beats when resting is this normal?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

A normal heart rate ranges between 60 to 100 beats/ minute. Your heart beat is on lower side.

There are many conditions resulting in low heart beats which is also called as 'Bradycardia'. They are:

1. Diseases that damage the heart's electrical system. These include coronary artery disease, heart attack, etc.

2. Some medicines for treating heart problems or high blood pressure, such as beta-blockers, antiarrhythmics, and digoxin.

Since you had a major ischaemic attack 12 weeks ago, that could also be the reason for Bradycardia in your case.

I would suggest you to get the complete cardiac check up done and discuss this issue with your Cardiologist for further treatment if required.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

I will be available for your further follow up queries if any.