Health checkup showed elevated TRIGLYCERIDES SERUM. Suggest ways to reduce it?

My age is 30 and in my annual health checkup i found that i have TRIGLYCERIDES, SERUM as 322 and doctor said this is high.
I started doing regular exercise since last 2 weeks and i started controlling my diet also. Please suggest me best ways in which i can reduce this.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 39 minutes later

Serum Triglycerides (Serum TG) is definitely high. It may be running in the family. IT is highly influenced by the diet that you take and the inactivity one has. The most common acquired causes of high triglycerides are obesity and physical inactivity. Unhealthy behaviour and the choice of food should be modified.

I suggest that you take a Diet plan from a Dietitian which is free for you. Click 'Ask A Dietitian' service on your Dashboard.

Keep monitoring the Serum TG once every 3 months.
Fish oils XXXXXXX in Omega 3 ( n-3) fatty acids reduce serum triglyceride levels. You should consume them at least twice a week.
If this is not controlled in 3 months I suggest you to go to a MD physician for fibric acid derivative class of medications. They really help.

All the best. Hope this is helpful.