Headache on the left side above ears, pulsating pain. Is it related to dental, ENT or neurology?

Neurologist
Question
Hi Doc,
I am getting Headache on my left side above my ears since some days .

First it started with a ear pain around 3 months before for which i had consulted an ENT and got checked but there was no problem . He told me everything was fine and the pain will go and the pain went in few days .

After few months i again started to get the ear pain which goes on for some days and it will go and again comes back .

2 days before i felt severe pain above my ear on the left side . I sometimes feel a pulsating feeling there . It started after i came to office and it was there till noon .

Today and Yesterday i had no pain in the morning but then around 9 a.m pain started which is mild .It always comes on my left side .

Other Details :

I am staying in AC room and the office also its AC sometimes is very cold .
I always used to attend telephone calls on left side .

I had Asked and ENT on XXXXXXX Care Magic he told me it is related to Dental , ENT and Neurology . So what is it that i can do about it now ?

Should i go and consult a Neurologist ?
Is these signs related to Migraine ? I am not having any family history of Migraine .

My weight is 75 kg .
My age 25 years
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 1 hour later
Hello

Regarding the episodic headache, ( which is pulsatile, unilateral and lasting for few hours) possibility of migraine needs consideration. Usually people with migraine have other symptoms like visual auras, nausea, vomiting, photo and phonophobia along with a positive family history. However, many people may not have these in the early stages.

Other causes which can present like these are dental caries and temporo-mandibular joint issues. These in addition have increased pain during chewing food.

So I personally feel you may be suffering from early migraine which is getting triggered by AC, stress, lack of sleep and some foods line cheese, chocolates and so on. Try using mild NSAIDS like aspirin at the onset of headache to avoid it reaching its peak. If after this, headaches persist you need to XXXXXXX your GP to get yourself started on medications to prevent it becoming chronic in the future.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr Shiva Kumar R