Headache, nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, sudden temperature drop, very cold at times

Oncologist
Question
i have headache nauser dizzy short of breath sudden droop in body tempriture very cod at times
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later

I will work on providing you with good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

Your symptoms are somewhat general and may reflect one of a number of possible causes.

The first category is infection. Certain viral or bacterial infections may trigger this type of syndrome. Your body's immune system should be able to handle this and the symptoms would be expected to resolve within 10 to 14 days.

Next category is hormonal. We think about the thyroid gland sometimes causing these types of symptoms when there is an issue with Thyroid function. This can be checked easily with a simple blood test by your doctor.

Next category is Electrolytes, Kidney function, Liver function and Blood counts. Any dysfunction which affects the electrolyte balance in your body may cause nausea, dizziness and headaches. Liver dysfunction can do this also. Finally, anemia or low blood counts can cause this type of thing to happen.

I recommend that you proceed to your Primary care physicians office as soon as you are able for a complete physical exam and consultation. He may also consider running some quick blood tests to rule out some of the things I mentioned here.

I thank you again for the query and hope I have provided an adequate and helpful response. Should you have additional followups I am available to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga.