Headache, joint pain, fatigue, eye pain, red dots on upper body, abdominal pain

i've had a pretty severe headache for the past 5 days.... Fatigue and joint pain. Headache is causing eye pain and throbbing. This morning I woke up and found I had red dots, about the size of dimes all over my upper body... I've also been getting sharp pains in my lower left abdominal region.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
It seems that you have a viral exanthem which could be leading to the rash and severe body ache. As of now, you can take Tablet Tylenol 1 tablet every 6-8 hours. However, to be able to help you better, I would like to know the following things:
a. Did you have chicken pox as a child.?
b. Have you been on a trekking trip recently? Or to a place where you could be exposed to mosquitoes or bugs?
c. Is it possible for you to send me a picture of the rash?
d. Was the rash on the upper body preceded by severe sharp pain there as well?
Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: Headache, joint pain, fatigue, eye pain, red dots on upper body, abdominal pain 6 hours later

a. Yes, I did have chicken pox as a child
b. No exposure to any bugs or mosquitoes recently.
c. I can if the site allows me to...
d. No sharp pains that I can recall, although there was some abdominal pain and upper chest pains.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 16 hours later
I am sorry for writing back late.
We could be dealing with varicella zoster here since you did suffer from chicken pox as a child. Treatment for this would involve analgesics like narcotics and antiviral therapy like acyclovir etc. We may need to give some steroids as well.
You can upload a picture using the 'Upload your reports' section. We'll be able to define what exactly it is then.
In any case, you would need to see a physician so that you dont end up spreading the disease to others and we can effectively manage your symptoms as well.