Headache, hip pain, little nausea, no fever, calf pain which subsides when walking or reclining

To begin with I has one day with headache, pain in hips and very little nausea. No fever.... Today my calves hurt when I stand in one place. This goes away when I walk or recline.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 16 hours later

Thanks for the query

From the description it looks like you have recent onset headache, joint pains and myalgia. Most commonly myalgia and joint pains without a traumatic history is often due to viral infections.

So I personally feel could be due to a viral prodrome. Use simple analgesics like paracetamol and Brufen for you headache and myalgia. If symptoms persist I request you to see your GP for a good clinical examination.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns i would be happy to address them.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist