Headache during contact with artificial fragrance, perfume

Hi doctor I am 56 year old and my problem is I am suffering from sever headache when ever i was come in contact with any type of artifical fragrance such as perfume since last 10 years. kindly suggest me to which specialist do i XXXXXXX for my problem and if you suggest me any doctor in Delhi I will be greatful to you.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 37 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

It seems you have fragrance allergy which causes you headache.Since the allergy symptoms can only be controlled by means of avoiding the trigger which causes headache .

Medicines such as antihistamines containing cetrizine and pain killers help in controlling the symptoms.You can also use Air Purifiers.

Some individuals with allergy symptoms even have respiratory issues as Asthma so it would be a good idea to get evaluated for that also.

You can see an Allergy Specialist who can guide you further after evaluating you clinically and conducting some Lung Function and allergy tests if required.Usually Immunotherapy is given for alleviating the symptoms.

In Delhi you can visit Apollo Hospital,Sitaram Bhartia Hospital or Allergy Centre in XXXXXXX Enclave.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.