Head spinning, pain in neck and shoulder, pins and needles in head, dizziness. MRI shows wear and tear

Ive woke up a couple of times with the room spinning I have pain the the top part of my right neck/ shoulder which sometimes gives me a pins and needles feeling in my head and have been feeling dizzy but not all the time. I also get a feeling in my eye and on my tongue sometimes. Ive been seeing a chiropractor And also had an MRI recently which showed wear and tear but nothing serious
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question.

There are two possibilities, which need to be considered in your case.First, it can be due to TIA or pinched nerve. TIA is transient ischemic attack, it occurs when there is momentary reduced blood supply to brain.This is just short of stroke kind of thing.Feeling in eye and on tongue make me more suspicious of TIA.

Secondly, since there is some wear and tear there is possibility of some nerve getting pinched and causing these symptoms.Pain along neck and shoulder favor this possibility.

I think ideal next step would be to get a neurology consultation.Doctor might want you to get MRI brain and angiography done.If needed doctor might also get a neurologist.

Please feel free to ask if there are further questions.