Having yellowish discharge, post menopausal and vaginal itching. Should I be worried?

I have an occassional small amount of yellowish/brownish discharge. I am post menopausal. I had a vaginal itch for a little while. I then started using just water to clean the vagina which I read is the correct way to cleanse it. I take showers because I don't have a bathtup. I wear a pad every day because when I sneeze or cough i sometimes urinate slightly. I am 68 and was told by my doctor that I only need to get a pap test every 3 years because I have had all good pap tests. I still go for XXXXXXX exams. Should I worry about this discharge? It occurs every once and a while not all the time.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
stress incontinence and vaginitis

Detailed Answer:
You need not be concerned yet.Discharge is common sometimes,esp if you have any mild infections.You just need to watch for any bleeding. Keep the vaginal area clean and change your underwear daily. You can follow up with the pap tests. You can take some probiotics that will help with the itching and the discharge. Was with plenty of water only. You also seem to have stress incontinence which can be treated.