Having weakness in leg and numbness in foot. Could that be from primary lateral sclerosis?

I am having weakness in my rilght legg and numbness in my toes onmy right foot. Could that be from primary lateral sclerosis?I am also losing mty balancde and almost falling. I was diagnosed with primary lateral sclerosis about 4 years ago and I was told there is no cause, no cure, no medicine and that I would go from a cane to a walker to a wheelchair. I have been referred to physical therapy and now use a cane. The numbness in my toes and the weaness in my leg-re they from primary lateral sclerosios or from the spinal stenosis I have? If you need further info, please e-mail me. Thank you.

Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Multiple Sclerosis
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Its possible that your symptoms are due to primary lateral sclerosis. This is a progressive disorder where balance problems tend to develop as the disease progresses.
Its unlikely that these symptoms are due to the spinal stenosis you have. Spinal stenosis would generally cause back pain associated with numbness , weakness and tingling. Also, a much larger portion of the foot would be involved.
Hope this helps
Let me know if you need any further information.