Having varying sugar levels. Should I be worried?

Question
AFTER 12 HOURS OF FASTING MY SUGER LEVEL IS BETWEEN 7 TO 8 MOLE ....2 HOURS AFTER BREAKFAST MY LEVEL IS AT 6 TO 7 MOLE.....AFTER 4 HOURS IT'S AT 4 TO 5 MOLE............AFTER EATING LUNCH IT'S AT 6-7 AND AFTER 5 HOURS IT GOES DOWN TO 4-5 ..........DINNER 6-7.........A/ 4 HOURS GOES TO 5-6 .....SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT IT/ I NEED AN OPINION .........THANK YOU ....AMB.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
A fasting blood sugar level of >7 mmol is diagnostic of diabetes. So by that standard, you do have diabetes. However, given your post breakfast and post lunch levels, they seem to be abnormally low. I would suggest that you get the tests repeated at a proper lab. Also for your 2 hour post meal levels, make sure you have 75 g of glucose during that meal.
Please continue exercising. Once you have the reports, we can discuss them further.

Follow-up: Having varying sugar levels. Should I be worried? 2 days later
monitored daily for the past three years my blood sugar content and the results are;

7to8mmol before breakfast

7to8mmol two hours after breakfast

5to 6 mmol before lunch

7to8 mmol two hours after lunch

5to6 mmol before dinner

6to7mmol after dinner

My three month average (HBAIC) taken on May 29,2012 is 6.4%

BEST REGARDS..........AAB.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 14 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
With the reports that you have provided, I think you are probably suffering from diabetes. I would suggest that you see a physician for starting appropriate drugs to control this disease.
Till then, I would suggest the following:
a. Eat every 3-4 hours. The focus should be on small, healthy meals every few hours.
b. Avoid oil, fat, sugar and refined food.

When you visit your physician, I would request that the following additional investigations be done for you:
a. Eye exam to look for retinopathy
b. Kidney function tests ( serum creatinine and blood urea levels)
c. Urine microalbumin levels
d. Lipid profile ( to include cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides)
e. ECG
In addition, a complete foot exam is also needed.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns