Ask a Urologist   »  

Having unprotected sex. White spots appeared on foreskin. How to remove this spot?

Hello, I've been worrying lately about these white spots that I have found on my foreskin. There's about 3-4, where one in particular is larger than the others. They have been there for about a few months now and obviously I'm worried they are warts or something else. I am 27 year old, uncircumcised and sexually active. I've only had unprotected, vaginal sex with two women over the last year and a half, so I dunno if this can be an std, since I'm pretty sure they were clean of any stds. But again, you never know these days... To be honest, I don't recall seeing until a while ago (and even then I'm not exactly sure how long it was). But I haven't noticed any real growth or any new ones since I acknowledged them. When I run my finger over them, they are like pin sized pimples, and obviously white colored. Some of the pics may be a bit hard to tell, but I took various angles to help. Any idea what these spots are? Thanks, I really appreciate any help or info.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hello dear,
Thanks for the query and good quality photographs.
You mentioned applying hydrocortisone for yeast infection.
Hydrocortisone is a steroid and it causes thinning and de-pigmentation of skin. In addition it will not cure the yeast but makes it more severe, only the symptoms subside but the infection remains.
In my view you are suffering from two problems.
1.White discolouration due to de-pigmentation caused by steroid.
2.Tiny bump like lesions due to persisting yeast infection and dialated sebaceous glands.

I suggest you to apply plain clotrimazole cream twice daily for 1 month.
Remember, it is necessary to apply for one month to get complete cure.

Let me know, if you have any further doubts.
Thank you
Follow-up: Having unprotected sex. White spots appeared on foreskin. How to remove this spot? 16 hours later
Thank you for your help. Do the lesions and discoloration seem like they could be anything else? IE. warts or any other more serious condition?

Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Hello dear,
No, they dont look like warts.
It is not a serious condition. Don't worry at all. You will be fine in few days.
Thank you