Ask a Dentist   »  

Having toothaches in the evenings. Rinsing mouth with salt water. Is this gum problem?

I have been having toothaches in the evenings for the past 3-4 days, there is no ache in the day time nor early morning, there is no ache if i touch the upper canine or incisor on the right side...where the pain is. I have been rinsing my mouth with salted water and brushing after every meal, as suggested by a family member, who is a dentist. She might be a gum i need to see a dentist...
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It might be interdental caries between teeth.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in.

As per your history of pain during night, it can be interdental caries between incisor & canine which can not be visualized by naked eyes.
You need to visit a dentist get an x-ray done of that area.After proper clinical & radiological examination,you can go for treatment.
If its caries ,then based on its extent it can be treated by filling or root canal.
If there is no caries then it can be due to periodontal problem & requires scaling & gum massage.
Visit your dentist to get proper diagnosis.
Meanwhile do warm saline rinses twice a day.

Hope I answered your query

Wishing you good health

Dr. Neha Sumra