Having thyroid lump. Suffering from fever and weight loss. Is there a need for surgery?

I am 21 yr old. i ve a thyroid lump on the rt lobe frm past 2 month. i need a suggestion frm d specialist. Day by day my weight is decreasing (lost upto 8 kg for 2 months) and i have fever frm past 2months. i took many medicines like Thyronorm for one month but no use at all. The doctor who suggested thyronorm and calcium supplements asked me follow up if there is no improvement. My Thyroid profile is apparently normal by the doctor with TSH around 2.5. My family doctor said that I need surgery. I am confused and worried
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. P.V Pradeep 2 hours later
It seems you have a goiter. Please mail me the scanned reports. I mean the tests done so far.

If you have not done the tests pleade mail me the following tests. Thyroid hormone assay T3 T4 and TSH. Also send the Ultrasound of the thyroid report. Also write to me what were the symtoms in the beginning and now what are the symptoms in detail.

Looking for additional details.

Follow-up: Having thyroid lump. Suffering from fever and weight loss. Is there a need for surgery? 20 hours later

I gave all the reports il forward you 2day evening
Answered by Dr. P.V Pradeep 25 hours later
We'll take this discussion forward once I see the reports