Having thin black line on penis tip. Had oral sex and feeling pain when it touches. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
hello I have a thin black line on my penis tip. I had an oral yesterday and I am really worried what it could be , please help . its kind of painfull when touches my pants . but I haven't notice any itch or redness , please help me I am just worried about herpes and all that . I think I have seen this line before the oral sex yesterday but I am not sure , now it hurts when touch something . I am really confused and have no idea what to do
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry about the line as is bruise only.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your to XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern for the black line on the penis. The very first and important thing to tell you is that do not worry about the black lining as is the part of simple bruising after oral sucking.

The skin over the penis is the thinnest skin on the body. It is so thin that even the blood vessels are very much visible on the skin surface. Along with thin nature of the skin, the blood vessels are also plenty in this area.

Due to slightest of the friction or trauma at this area there can be collection of blood. This blood collection it self form a faint line to deep dark area according to the trauma over the skin. So in your case you can see a black line because of the above fact.

Because of bit inflammation also, there can be pain over the affected area. This line as well as pain can persist for dew days.

For the betterment kindly follow the instructions below:

- Do not try to touch, squeeze or pinch the area or try to examine frequently in apprehension. As much as you would be touching the pain will be aggravating.

- Do not compress with any warm water or do not apply any cream over or any home remedy.

- Can do slight cold water compression over the affected area.

- You can take pain killer tablet for 2 to 3 times a day after meals.

- Wear lose clothes which do not touch directly to affected area.

- Avoid any indulgence for at least next 7 days.

The inflammation and pain will persit for next 48-72 hours and then slowly subside. The black line may take another couple of days to subside, so do not worry about both the parts. So do not worry and take rest for a day or two!!

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any further query I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health
with regards,
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
(MD - Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)

Follow-up: Having thin black line on penis tip. Had oral sex and feeling pain when it touches. What to do? 2 hours later
hello, thank you so much for the help . its a great relief to know . but one thing is for sure I am never doing stupidity like this again . thank you soo much I currently have two jobs and I wish I could take a day or two off . but I will sure follow the instructions that you gave me , I really hope it goes away fast.
Thanks again dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I will keep you updated. you have a wonderful day.

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You will be totaly alright in next few days

Detailed Answer:
Dear young fellow,

It is really nice to hear from you and I am thankful to you for following my suggestions. The black line may take longer to vanish so do not worry for the same.
You will be totally alright in next couple of days. Do take care in future. May God bless you.
Wish you good health
with regards,
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia