Having terrible pain above belly button. What is the problem?

I have had Chest pain....<3 attack ruled out. I have known esophagus probe. But I am having a TERRIBLE PAINabove my belly button on my right. It is debilitating.
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Your profile and symptoms are suggestive of acute abdomen.
You may be having just an acid peptic disease episode leading to pain or might be having acute cholecystitis, particularly so if you are having fever also.
I would advise you to get CBC, RFT, LFT, Ultrasound whole abdomen and a Chest Xray.
Right now please start taking tablet Ranitidine 150 mg twice a day one hour before meals and take liquid Xylocaine viscous for immediate relief.
You may need antibiotics if some infectious pathology is detected after investigations.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Having terrible pain above belly button. What is the problem? 2 hours later
If liver doesn't produce albumin correctly can that cause gallbladder problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 32 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
No, but the reverse is true!
If there is gall bladder infection- cholecystitis which when severe enough to cause sepsis can lead to decreased Albumin synthesis by liver.
In fact in any serious illness the Albumin levels go down.
Hope I answered your query well.
Wish you a great health!