Having tenderness in abdomen. What is the disease?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
abdomen tendernessI am having some tenderness in my abdomen. It is slightly above and to the right of my belly button. It is mild, and really only tender to the touch, or with a XXXXXXX cough. Any ideas?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later

Most probable diseases corresponding to your symptoms are gallstones and peptic ulcer. If you also suffer from pain after a meal, heartburning it can be peptic ulcer. If you suffer from pain in this area which is sometimes radiating to the back, gallstones are possible.
Sometimes in this hurting area may be a liver when enlarged due to liver diseases.

The best way to make sure if there is any reason of your symptoms is to make abdominal ultrasound and full blood work with liver and pancreas tests.

Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.