Having symptoms of menopause. Noticed pink watery discharge. Worrrisome

I am 52 yrs old haven't had a period for 2 months. I am having some symptoms of menapause, flushes ,sweats and not sleeping well which I can cope with. But I have, for the past 5 days , a pale pink watery discharge on wiping it is not a flow of blood as a period and sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't I am quite frightened.
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The pale pink watery discharge that you are having is likely to be due to minor bleeding due to impending menopause. There is nothing to be worried about. Most of the times, it subsides on its own in 7-10 days without any treatment.
In case the discharge is persistent then it is best to consult your gynecologist for a physical examination to rule out any local causes.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.