Ask a Urologist   »  

Having swelling in the tip of foreskin and minor vertical cuts. Having irritation retracting foreskin. Remedy?

Jul 2016

Hello, I have swelling on the tip of my foreskin and minor vertical cuts (look like paper cuts). I noticed this 1 or so days ago after having sex with my only partner in the last 2 years. Retracting my foreskin is some what irritating and it when it does retract it feels tighter than before. Nothing abnormal with the actual penis head. Any advice? I already made an amppointment with my urologist. Should I keep retracting it even though it doesn't allow the minor cuts to heal?
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be Fungal Infection of the Foreskin.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acquired fungal infection of the foreskin termed as Muco Cutaneous Genital Candidiasis.

Many a times this is presenting symptom of Diabetes ,so please get your blood sugar levels done on empty stomach and two hours after lunch to rule out diabetes.

Please start taking anti fungal medicine like Fluconozole orally twice daily along with topical anti fungal jelly for local application .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily.

It should get cured within a week.If problem persists consult qualified general surgeon or urologist for clinical assessment ,You may need to get circumcised.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you