Having stomach pain. Took CT scan. What does the result says?

I just went to a gastroenterologist last week for stomach pain that I have had on and off for years. Had a CT scan today and I always assumed it was my gallbladder or pancreas, but the results say the gallbladder and pancreas are unremarkable. The impression at the end states " Mild splenomegaly. Minimally prominent lymph nodes in the right lower quadrant mesentery that are likely reactive. No visible inflamed bowel. No CT findings for an acute intra-abdominal process otherwise." My doctor is out of town until next week, which upsets me because I should have to wait, but I want to know what this means. A) There was no mass seen in my enlarged spleen, so what could cause that? B) Why would my lymph nodes be minimally prominent in lower quadrant mesentery and what does it mean that they are reactive? I am so tired of stressing over this and I would really appreciate an answer. One thing I want to include is during the CT scan I was having a horrible herpes simplex 1 outbreak and my lymph nodes under my neck were very swollen. Would this impact my spleen being mildly enlarged??? I am just nervous. I am 28. I have had two CBC's and both were completely normal. I have no symptoms of anything. I do suffer from extreme anxiety and OCD, which I am being treated for be a psychiatrist.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I am a gastroenterologist. Presence of spleenomegaly and mild reactive lymphnodes all suggest that there was some acute infection bacterial or viral and in your case it was herpes simplex due to herpes simplex infection. Lymphnodes in abdomen and neck and mild spleenimegaly can ocurr in herpes simplex infection . Reactive lymhnodes means that some active inflammation is still present.For stomach pain take some anlgesic like ultracet containing tramadol and paracetamol. I hope I have answered your query. wish you a good health