Having stomach ache and getting bitter taste in mouth. Blood test, CT scan normal. Can I take normoxin?

I have stomachache in the right side near intestine of abdominal for last six to eight months. Also I feel vomiting sansation and a bitter test in mouth , acidity and gas broblem. My blood test report and CT scan of abdominal are normal. My doctor has adviced me to take normoxin tablet twice in 24 hours for six week. Please help.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 11 hours later

Thank you for the query,

You likely seem to you have dyspepsia. It is worthwhile getting an endoscopy done to look for peptic ulcer disease and hiatus hernia causing reflux symptoms.

In the interim you can try adding an antacid like omez (20) available over the counter once a day for 10 days and see how you feel.

Additionally you need to regularize your eating, sleeping habits. Do not lie down 2 hours after meals and reduce your weight if you are over weight. Try taking a regular walk for 30 min. Also stopping alcohol or smoking if any should make you feel better.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish you a speedy recovery.