Having splotchy and patchy bruise under skin. Looking for cure

I have something under the skin that is the color of a bruise but is splotchy and patchy.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 13 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Usually this kind of skin marks occur due to subcutaneous tiny hemorrhages. In cases of such skin marks without any trauma one needs to investigate the coagulation status of the blood. There can be various causes which can cause such hemorrhages.

I think you should see a physician to get clinical examination done. The doctor may initially want to check your platelet count, bleeding and clotting time.

Treatment depends on underlying cause.

Please ask if you want me to explain anything.