Having sore muscles, pain while walking. X-ray showed sacrum rotated to the right and stuck. What to do?

6 months ago, my back locked up on me, and I pulled myself up with my arms. Although I could walk a little, the pain was incredible and I passed out for a few minutes. Then I was able to move more freely, but had very sore muscles. Delay in getting to doctor, who said Normal Xray, sent to PT who said my sacrum was rotated to the right and stuck there. He also said my diapragm was stuck on both sides, and one hip (right?) was pushed back a bit. It it less painful now, and since he stared working on me in May, I can now lie on my back, but the sacrum is still stuck (springy on the left, hard as a rock on right). He also says my CNS system has shut down the muscles that need to steer.
2 questions - should I expect that these 3 things can get unstuck, and is there anything I can do to "turn on" my CNS again? Thanks
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later

It seems like your physiatrist wasn't able to explain the details clearly to you.

Abnormally rotated sacrum and hip joint are easily seen on X-rays. Since the X-rays were normal, what your physiatrist meant was the disc in the lower lumbosacal bones has moved from its position. Such discs could compress on the nerve roots that arise from there to cause excruciating pain and neurological symptoms.

I can be able to clarify about this if you can send me the X-ray reports with clinical notes of the treating doctor.

If this is the exact problem then do not worry. Most often such problems are treated conservatively and things do improve in the course of time. Avoiding strenuous physical activity and lifting heavy weight is the key. Rarely when things don't improve much other treatment options such as intrathecal steroid injections and surgical procedure may be needed.

Since you are feeling better with physiotherapy, you should be able to recover soon. Neurological symptoms if any should also improve.

Hope this answers your query. If I have missed any other concerns, let me know. I will be glad to help you.

Best Regards