Having slight pain in abdomen. Sweating badly in bathroom. Having vomiting reflex. What to do?

Dec 2012

I have been having episodes where I experience a slight pain in my abdomen. I have learned that this specific sharp pain is the first sign that an episode has begun. The first time I was in the bathroom for around an hour. Sweat poured off of me and my bowels flushed out 2 or 3 times and then the episode subsided. I was concerned that I may need to go to the ER. I was left pale and exhausted. I then repeated the episode 3 months later and then again after another 3 months. When my father died I began having the episodes a couple of weeks in a row. The last couple of times I have had a vomiting reflex with nothing coming out. Any ideas?
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting XXXXXXX

From your description, you are having recurrent episodes of bowel movements which will require thorough investigation to rule out the most likely causes first before other possible causes can be confirmed. Recurrent diarrhea maybe sign that you are having a IBS (food intolerance needs to be ruled out. So this will will require that you see your primary care doctor who can examine you complete by doing physical exams, running some tests including complete blood count, LFT, KFT, stool exams +/- culture, tolerance tests etc. If these tests come out clear, then the most likely cause for your bowel movement is IBS. If the tests indicate any affection, then treatment will be provided to you accordingly. If it is IBS, then treatment will be indicated and note that there will likely need for a change in lifestyle.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah